Frequently Asked Questions about the Administrative Fellowship Program
- How many fellows does UCSF Medical Center take on each year?
- We take between two and four fellows each year.
- What is the length of the Administrative Fellowship?
- The Fellowship contract is for up to two years, meaning Fellows are free to apply for a position at UCSF or another institution during the Fellowship.
- Can the Administrative Fellowship substitute as the Administrative Residency requirement for my university’s degree program?
- We prefer post graduate candidates for our Fellowship position, but will consider students whose university program requires the completion of a practicum/fellowship program prior to graduation.
- Is this a paid fellowship?
- Yes. The fellow receives a salary that is competitive to other fellowship programs. Fellows also receive full benefits and accrue paid time off.
- Can UCSF sponsor international visas?
- Unfortunately, UCSF cannot sponsor international visas. Candidates who require an international visa are still welcome to go through the interview process, however if selected s/he will have to obtain the required visa independently.
- What are some of the projects past fellows worked on?
- Past fellows have worked on the following projects: development of a formal spine radiosurgery program at UCSF; service excellence initiatives; outpatient clinic process improvement; and demographic, service line and payor data analysis for strategic plan.
- What type of exposure do fellows get to UCSF Health’s leadership team?
- The UCSF Health leadership team serves as the mentors for our fellows. In addition, fellows attend and participate in standing and ad hoc senior management meetings throughout the program, have ongoing dialogues with the various leaders and build relationships that will become part of the professional network they will build throughout their career.
- Will I be offered employment upon completion of the fellowship?
- An objective of the program is to identify and develop visionary leaders for the future. The term of the fellowship is up to two years, and does not include a guarantee or a requirement of continued employment. Yet, the fellowship provides a unique opportunity for the fellow and UCSF Health leadership to consider future employment.
- Can recent graduates apply?
- Yes, we will consider applicants who would start the fellowship within one year of completing their graduate program.